Saw this while browsing the net and caught my attention... So to all the girls who might see this, it's for us... :)
30 Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know by the Time She's 30.Source: Glamour Magazine | Date Published: 1997
By 30, you should have..
- One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to and one who reminds you of how far you’ve come.
- A decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family.
- Something perfect to wear if the employer or man of your dreams wants to see you in an hour.
- A purse, a suitcase, and an umbrella you’re not ashamed to be seen carrying.
- A youth you’re content to move beyond.
- A past juicy enough that you’re looking forward to retelling it in your old age.
- The realization that you are actually going to have an old age -- and some money set aside to help fund it.
- An email address, a voice mailbox, and a bank account -- all of which nobody has access to but you.
- A résumé that is not even the slightest bit padded.
- One friend who always makes you laugh and one who lets you cry.
- A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra.
- Something ridiculously expensive that you bought for yourself, just because you deserve it.
- The belief that you deserve it.
- A skin-care regimen, an exercise routine, and a plan for dealing with those few other facets of life that don’t get better after 30.
- A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship, and all those other facets of life that do get better.
By 30, you should know..
- How to fall in love without losing yourself.
- How you feel about having kids.
- How to quit a job, break up with a man, and confront a friend without ruining the friendship.
- When to try harder and when to walk away.
- How to kiss in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and wouldn’t like to happen next.
- The names of the secretary of state, your great-grandmothers, and the best tailor in town.
- How to live alone, even if you don’t like to.
- Where to go -- be it your best friend’s kitchen table or a yoga mat -- when your soul needs soothing.
- That you can’t change the length of your legs, the width of your hips, or the nature of your parents.
- That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it’s over.
- What you would and wouldn’t do for money or love.
- That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs, or not flossing for very long.
- Who you can trust, who you can’t, and why you shouldn’t take it personally.
- Not to apologize for something that isn’t your fault.
- Why they say life begins at 30
Read more: http://everythinginbudget.blogspot.com/2012/04/things-every-woman-should-know-by-time.html#ixzz1tdJKfyXk